This post pays homage to my favourite winter things. Of course my favourite things are always family and time spent together but that’s a given.
Today, it’s about my favourite season WINTER! Officially December has just begun and though I am still waiting for snow to arrive here, the chill has certainly seeped in. I alternate from my favourite cashmere sweater, to hoodies to my fluffy bathrobe to stay warm. Here goes for my weekly list, with its focus on the COLD season.
1. A fire. You cannot beat the ambience of a good roaring fire, which always gets me in the mood for setting up on the sofa and reading a good book, or writing a blog post. Since we just moved into our new home and I designed it from scratch, I made sure that a fireplace was front and centre in the Great Room. As I sit here writing this post, I am directly across from it and here is the view.
2. A warm scarf. Every lady needs a soft but warm scarf to keep her delicate neck warm! Even better if it is in a festive color. Here is mine, posing with a cup of tea.
3. A cozy sweater. My favourite comes from a wonderful London shop called The White Company. You can order online, but when I visit my sis in London, I usually pick up a sweater for those chilly nights back in Canada. I have never regretted paying a bit more for a cashmere sweater. They are soooo warm and soft and worth every penny if you are a freezie cat like me.
4. Cookies. I love to bake, and winter season gets me in the mood for sure. I only know one of my neighbours so I thought I’d bake up a batch or two of my favourite seasonal cookies and drop them off at my neighbour’s doors. Kind of a friendly hello, and nice to meet you ( which is code for “Hi there, I need a friend and you’re it!” This is all dependent of course on whether or not my cookies are any good-Ack! Anyway, I’ll let you know how that one goes:)
5. Snow. To Canadians, snow is synonymous with winter. It comes in a variety of forms, from wet slushy to large crystal studded stars but snow is a matter of life in this country. I absolutely love it, but I’m not the one who has to shovel it!
There you have my current winter favourites post. If you’d like to add to this list, let me know your faves in the comments.