I am excited to say that I have been nominated for a Liebster award!
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I was really happy to hear that Lou and Lea liked my blog so much that she nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is a virtual award that is passed on from blogger to blogger as a show of support, and it also helps to promote any fellow bloggers that we enjoy reading. I think the idea is awesome as we all want connection and validation for what we are doing out in the blogosphere…
There are rules for this award.
- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer all 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Include an image of the Liebster Award either in your post or in the sidebar of your blog.
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
My 11 Facts...Ahem!
- I studied education by day, acting by night.
- I only drink black tea.
- My favourite grade to teach was grade one.
- My first cup coffee ever was 1 year ago.
- I have six children.
- My photography has been published in 6 different magazines.
- Sweet peas are my favourite flower.
- My favourite city is Rome.
- I would LOVE to be a Casting agent.
- My favourite movie is Pride & Prejudice.
- I donated my stem cells to my brother who needed them.
My Answers to questions asked…
1.What made you start blogging?
I have always been a bit of a writer or documenter of ideas. I wanted a vehicle to showcase my photography along with short snippets of my life, stories of travel, gardening or my family so my mini-blog was born.
2. Other than your blog subject, what is your hobby?
Acting was my hobby years ago, but now it is Photography all the way!
3. When was the last time you laughed so hard and why?
This is a tough one but I was recently on a girl’s weekend with my high school friends (we’ve been pals since 1972 or so) and we were all laughing at our loss of memory issues.
“You know, you know those things…those things that are sticky…and they’re you know, um, you know…brown and small, you know…what’re they called…you know…um….um….”
“You mean dates Shelley?” “Yes!” Roars of laughter.
4. What is your motto?
We create our own realities.
5. What did you want to be growing up?
An actor and a mother.
6. What is your favourite book and why?
The Last Crossing by Guy Vanderhaeghe. It’s an epic adventure in the old west when Canada was being settled and a brother goes missing in the wilderness. Vanderhaeghe’s vocabulary is off the charts and being a literacy expert, I am in awe of his use of words and writing style. He is a genius storyteller and wordsmith.
7. What are your goals for the future?
I am very fortunate in that I have already met many of my goals in life, however I have a little card shop on my blog that could use some business, so developing that would be awesome! That and publishing my children’s books.
8. Where is your favourite place in the world?
The Cayman Islands. Unbelievable.
9. If you could instantly learn a new skill, what would it be?
10. If you could get one meal to eat over and over for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Spaghetti. No question.
11. You can meet one person from history. Who is it and why?
Pope John Paul II- I saw him at a massive group Mass years ago from about 15 yards away. He exuded an aura that we could not describe other than to say he was truly Holy. We need more holiness in this world.
I simply ran out of nominees and time. Family funeral!
Questions for the Nominees:
What’s your best tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters?
Who was your greatest influence in life?
What is your favourite type of blog to follow? (travel, lifestyle, gardening etc.)
How long have you been blogging?
What’s your way of relaxing?
What do you think of driverless cars?
Who is the funniest person on the planet?
Choose dimples or freckles?
What’s your best advice for young women today?
What is your best inspirational quote?
Can you share one writing or photography tip?
Thanks for stopping by. Please check out these bloggers and have a super day!